Poetas Sin Fronteras is a bilingual writer’s workshop, located in San Jose, California.
The purpose of Poetas Sin Fronteras is to explore Spanish and English language and culture through the medium of poetry.
We endeavor to engage in a rich literary experience that will increase exposure to and/or proficiency in both Spanish and English for learners at any level of fluency.
We will provide prompts and mini-lessons around different styles of poetry and poetic devices, as well as exposure to a variety of poets in the English and Spanish speaking world.
We also aim to:
- Provide time for feedback on and development of works in progress.
- Create a fertile space in which to foster creativity.
- Invite guests from outside the group to share their work.
- (Eventually) provide a platform for performance and publication of the written and spoken word.
- And, last but not least, to foster a living community of bilingual writers and speakers in San Jose.
- In the future, we would love to offer writing intensives and weekend workshops.
Next: PSF Facilitators